Monday, February 11, 2013

3 Day Diet?

I kept seeing this 3 Day Military Diet on Pinterest where you can lose up to 10 pounds in 3 days, so I finally got curious and checked it out one day. Basically it's a 'diet' that you go on for 3 days (I know, duh) and you must follow it by the book. You are given a set menu, if you can call it a menu. It's more like, have a little of this and a little of that. There are substitutions listed, but it is recommended to follow it as is for optimum results. The original website for the 3 Day Military Diet is http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet or at least that's where I found it.

Here is the diet:
DAY 1:
Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea
Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (any brew, as long as it's caffeinated)
Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream
DAY 2:
Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana
Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese), 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers
Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream
DAY 3:
Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple
Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast
Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Now, the calorie count for the days average around 1000 calories, but I don't know the exact number. Any dummy can figure out that 1000 calories is less than what a normal person should be eating on a daily basis, so it is obvious that some weight would be lost regardless of whether or not the person worked out. The diet claims to consist of food that if eaten accordingly, will work together for max weight loss. I don't know about all that, but that's along the lines of what it says. You will have to read the website yourself if you want more information.

The reason I checked out this diet is because I wanted to test it out and see if there was any truth to it. So is there? Well, in 3 days, I lost a whopping 2 pounds, and I was also working out daily. If this diet does work, I think it would be best for people who need to lose more weight than me and also who don't eat very healthy to begin with. I would use it more as a way to jumpstart eating healthier, to help get you on the right track. As a simple disclaimer, I don't support or unsupport the 3 Day Military Diet in any way, shape, or form. I'm sure some of you have seen it on Pinterest and I thought I would do the dirty work for you :)

If you want to lose weight, a simple 3 day fix isn't going to do the trick, but it could possibly help to point you in the right direction. Happy Trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment