Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Giving UP

Yesterday when I got home from work, I changed into my workout clothes and headed upstairs to do my Insanity workout....maybe I should rewind a moment....lately I've been dreading these workouts for several reasons. One--Travis quit doing them with me, so I lost my workout buddy. Two--They are longer than the first month and more intense. Three--I haven't lost a single pound, I actually gained like two (and yes, I know, muscle weighs more than fat). Because of these three reasons alone, I have lost a lot of the drive and motivation I had in the beginning. Fast forward back to yesterday....I turned on the video and did about two or three minutes of the warm-up and gave up. I turned off the television and DVD player and went downstairs and text Travis and told him it was his fault that I wanted to give up because he already quit. He responded by asking me if he jumped off a bridge, would I do it, too? After thinking about what he said and staring at my body for a good five minutes in the full length mirror, I decided to buck up and go finish the goal that I had started...to finish Insanity. I sweated my way through another grueling 53 minutes of max plyo interval training, something which you can't truly appreciate until you are done and sitting on the couch cooling down for a beat. I always feel twenty times better after a good workout, but the working out part isn't always easy, fun, enjoyable or anything else that would make it somewhat appealing. Don't get me wrong, I love a good run, and those are pretty much always enjoyable for me, but doing the work that it takes to change your body isn't exactly a walk in the park. I guess I just need to keep in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day....and neither can a hot body be sculpted in a couple months :)  Someday I will get there, right? As long as I don't give up or quit or get pregnant! Which leads me to a funny point, I was actually hoping that I would get pregnant just to have an excuse to not have to finish Insanity. Go me, right? 

If you are going through a lapse in motivation and are on the verge of giving up on your goal....stop, take a beat, and think about why you are doing the things you are doing in the first place. If you are disappointed now in how things are going, you will sure as heck be even more disappointed if you give up during a weak moment. Just keep swimming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment