Monday, March 25, 2013

Inspiring Insanity

Today was the start of Insanity, a 60 day workout challenge to get my butt into better shape! I've been planning on starting this for a couple weeks now, but what I didn't know was that my husband, Travis, was going to be motivated to do it with me. So, we both got up bright and early this morning, put on our workout clothes, laced up our shoes, and hit the Fit Test. Thank goodness I've been doing Jillian for the last month because I found the Fit Test to be easier to handle than what I thought it would be. Travis, on the other hand, said it was hard and challenging. I don't even know the last time he worked out vigorously, so I am extra proud of him for making the effort. Hopefully I can keep him motivated to stick with it!

I've recently signed up for a couple more 5K runs. My next one will be in Carroll on April 27th. Somehow I convinced a friend of mine, who lives down there, to run in it with me. She hasn't ran in years she said, but is going to start training for it. I'm pretty excited that this year I am actually talking my friends into doing something that I love. It's very motivating for me to see my friends step up and do something that they aren't necesarrily comfortable doing. I hope that you, the reader, are also inspired to challenge yourself to do something you only think that you can't. How do you know until you try...more than once..? You don't. Simple as that.

Another great friend of mine recently shared with me that she and her husband have become inspired to get into better shape. Together they've already lost 32 pounds!! I think it's only been a few weeks, too. Amazing and inspiring! Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous. It's taken me 3 months to drop around 12 pounds.

So, I don't know if there's something in the water or just tis the season to get fit, but I feel blessed to be a part of a group of friends that are trying to make healthier decisions and improve their quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment